Friday, August 30, 2019

Broken bikes, broken bones


All in a days work
More  of the same.
To contribute to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, click here:  JON'S MDA DRIVE


If anybody found a lost brown wallet on island Highway  in Eaton Rapids, let me know.

I'm still at the Sparrow Medical Center in East Lansing, my eighth day. It has been a windmill-of-your-mind experience where, after the first days of treating the obvious physical injuries they discovered problems in the way I breath, think and function. I have to be kind, but it is not my strong suit. 

Mark and I in intensive care.
Mark left Monday for the University Michigan Medical Center and I thought we might leave for Milwawukee to day, but maybe not.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!





8 comments:

  1. Stay strong Jon. Thinking of you. So glad you are back to typing this again. Best wishes to both of you for a rapid and hopefully complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, you are in my thoughts every single day. I'm so hopeful you'll have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get back to Milwaukee soon! Keep healing! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon, I have been thinking about you often and am glad to hear that you are healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me, your old friend Edie from our News Pub days. Good grief, Jon, what a horrendous accident. I'm pummeling you with healing vibes, so heal quickly and get back to Milwaukee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jon, I'm a colleague of Mark's wife, Jane (at the U of M). I was able to get by Mark's room for a visit a couple of days ago. I'm a cyclist too, and those photos of your bikes (and your own bodies!) are hard to look at. My prayers are with you both. Hang in there, and keep improving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you felt well enough to update us. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jon - very sorry to hear of this. I have been following your journey and this is a #%#$*)@& thing to have happened. Take care and heal well!

    ReplyDelete