Saturday, August 17, 2019

Between this and that

The Bel-Air Motel in Land 0' Lakes, Wisconsin.
The price was right -- deer head no extra charge!

To contribute to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, click here:  JON'S MDA DRIVE


I am champing at the bit. Wanna get rolling on Part 2. We spent a few days at the Vosper island homestead -- a great thing and we are grateful -- and now will be here in Land O' Lakes till this afternoon when uncle's 100th birthday party will be held. I think there will be cake.

I spent a couple days communicating with MDA, who wanted photos of my trip and a little essay for their blog about my descent into MD territory. When these things are posted on their blog, I will divulge a link here. 

I really think I'm getting worse -- my throat is touchy, my hands feeble, my walking crazy.  The normal fluid movement of everyday life -- standing, sitting, crossing a room, buttering toast -- seems like gracious ballet from where I sit, and sit, and sit. I'm thinner and weigh less than I have since college, but when the ride is over I can see myself continuing to eat at my current rabid pace without burning any calories and becoming a round inert ball of suet. 

I hope this is just a passing mood. 

I'll feel better on a bike. 

Here's a little pictorial summary of recent things:

Me, Ms.V., Mimi, Jimmy

The Big Mac
The channel
Leaving town

Jimmy's cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment