Sunday, August 11, 2019

What next?

Love those white feet.

To contribute to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, click here:  JON'S MDA DRIVE


MULTIPLE CHOICE

The visit to the nail salon today was:

                               1. Jon's idea
                               2. Ms. V's idea

It's hard to say by what you're shown, I know, but if you guessed No. 2, well, you are right. No. 2 is the correct answer. It was, indeed, Ms. V's idea!

Those who answered correctly may read on. The rest of you, I'm sorry, you just don't know me well enough.

I have set my departure for Part 2 of this adventurous summer for Monday, Aug. 19. I bought a ticket for the 6 a.m. ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon. I really hope I can make that ferry, because you have to be there at 5:15, which means getting up before 4 in the morning. Are you serious?

In the meantime I have washed all my stuff, done minor repairs, ordered things from Amazon, and am, in slow motion, packing.

Because the summer isn't full enough already, I have been invited to accompany Ms. V on a trip to the island, in the Mackinac straits, followed by a trip to Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin, for Julie's uncle's 100th birthday party. We leave tomorrow, and get back Sunday. On a previous visit with the relatives, I slept upstairs during the conversation period, and was later chastised for it. So I'm under some pressure to stay engaged.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

*

Here are some random outtakes from Part 1 of the ride.

The Merrimac Ferry, a useful shortcut. 

Wisconsin farmers have the most fun.
Talking to the locals in Napoleon, North Dakota.
A North Dakota crop duster.
He got lowwww to the ground. 






No comments:

Post a Comment