Tuesday, February 5, 2019

More empty bags


Open.
Closed. 
If you want to take a long bike trip, start saving now. Nothing about it is cheap. But before I got these big waterproof bags, I used nylon panniers that would soak through in a rainstorm, meaning I had to wrap everything I put inside in a plastic bag of its own. Inevitably, sick of the hassle, I would just start throwing things in, or the bags would tear, and stuff would get wet anyway.

I've been obsessing over routes. I'm pretty well mapped-up to Milwaukee, but crossing Michigan  likely will be by following my phone. I'm getting a map for the ride through Canada, along the northern edge of Lake Erie, and a couple touring books that should take me along the Erie Canal and the Hudson. By then I'll be pretty close.

If I can do it at all. I'm counting on the purpose of the fund drive to propel me forward. I'll try to remember that when I'm fighting a headwind on the endless plains of North Dakota.

*

Sister Lydie is coming this week to help me to sort Mom Memorabilia. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

*

Need a reason to feel good? Give at JON'S MDA DRIVE





1 comment: