Thursday, January 31, 2019

So darn cold

Thursday morning
This is the state of things. So cold that, when I made a brief foray outside to see if my car would start, my face hurt. Schools have been closed most of the week, and even the court system was shut down  Monday, yesterday and today. Suspects are languishing in cells awaiting their bail hearings, and Ms. V has been sentenced to spend her days with me -- though I'll just note that I'm not the one laying down the law.

By Saturday (see above), it's supposed to be 40 degrees. A 60-degree swing in 48 hours. Maybe nice enough for a bike ride, if I'm not suffering from temperature-change vertigo.

We've been watching "Money Heist" -- a gang of thieves wearing Salvador Dali masks break into a Spanish mint and print money for themselves. They have ideals -- to enrich themselves without taking from anybody else. That's the single elevated notion sustaining 9+ hours of viewing. You could get through a quarter of "War & Peace" in that time. But, hey, we love our Netflix.

*

How's your MDA? Check out JON'S MDA DRIVE.






No comments:

Post a Comment