Saturday, November 9, 2019

In Olympia



To contribute to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, click here: JON'S MDA DRIVE

Later today we'll have a fundraising wall climb event at Cirque Climbing gym out here in suburban Olympia, Washington. I came Thursday and was at the gym for parts of the last two days, mostly watching other people work -- though I did stuff 60 T-shirts into  brown paper bags!

Kristi's artistic and organizational skills have driven this. She's collected donations from area businesses for great prizes -- dozens of them -- including sponsorships for different climbs. Wine tasting, theater tickets, bicycle services, and more are among the prizes. Then we have a "goodie bag" for everybody, including T-shirts. Thirty-two people had registered by yesterday, and we think that 50 will attend, which would be great number for the gym. Cirque is donating the $40 per person entrance fee to the MDA, and I think about $2000 has been raised so far. This money will be added to my donate page when all is said and done. It'll put me over $15,000!

Meanwhile I've been hanging out at my cousin Molly's house while she tries to write a sermon for Sunday. We walked the dogs -- Suzi and Ben -- and went out to my uncle Mark's house, on the water, to drop off a car. Alas, Mark, the happy-go-lucky geriatric, is in Palm Springs.

Here's a few pix:

T-shirt bags

Jasper, Chris's son, and Dexter, Molly's son. Jasper's World War II outfit was for a Veteran's Day event at school.
They're both swimmers. And of course Chris had to photobomb this. 

T-shirt logo. Note the bike!


Like I said, you won't see me doing this, even at low altitude.
Mark's house
Approach to Mark's house
Heron on the dock!
Molly with Suzi (left) and Benny

1 comment: