Friday, December 25, 2015

Natal

72nd Street
Merry Christmas everybody!

We've got the whole fam damly here in town staying at a rental house. We ate meatballs and lefse last night, opened gifts and sang carols. Fun. Mom was a trooper, lasting till 7:30 before getting a lift back to her place. She'll be back later today, I think, after Christmas morning chapel.

Young E and I did the candlelight service at the big church last night, then went back to the rental for more drinks and chat.

Sad that Julie couldn't be with us -- she went to her mom's for a very quiet two-person event, with her  mom going to bed at 6:30. These mothers! I am hoping that there is some earthly pay-off for these mitigated experiences and that we don't  have to wait till heaven takes us. If there's a heaven.

But anyway.

We snuck to DC last weekend, two nights, to see Ahna and Blaise, getting back early Monday morning. Consequently -- or probably it would have been anyway -- it was a rough week at work, given the harridan nature of my boss, and my own lifelong inability to kowtow to authority. Retirement, I think, is wasted on the old, and I can't wait.

Have a great new year!

A and B

Ez and Chris on a background of salads


 

No comments:

Post a Comment