Friday, July 3, 2015

Guest post

Mom's rearranged room

Sister K was here this week.

Here's her account of a day in the life:

A day at Cranberry

feels like a week!

I arrived at 6pm last night (was it just last night?) and we had a sip of wine at the Bistro and then came upstairs and chatted until 8:30 when they finally brought her night meds. Then I worked until 10 and drove to my airbnb. I slept on a leaky airbed with two cats climbing all over me all night long. I woke at the crack of dawn and snuck away. Breakfast at Cranberry was the usual mix of talk and no talk. After breakfast we waited for 10am meds and then it was naptime. Sister S called and talked me into getting out of my airbnb. I wrote to my host about my bad night and then cancelled and got my third night reimbursed. I requested tonight's reimbursement from the "Resolution Center" and am waiting to see if she complies. If not, bad review for her and her cats, though she was a lovely young woman so I hope it doesn't turn out that way. To be fair I was warned about the cats, but really, I think she could keep them in her bedroom at night.

We had lunch at the Bistro and then went for a quick swim and returned just in time for 2pm  meds. Naptime again and I went to return the airbnb keys - forcing them under her door to avoid having to see her face-to-face. I putzed in CVS and got a snack and some kleenex for Mom. When I got back she was predictably in a panic about  -- "the boat ride" -! There is a lot of anxiety about getting to FF and who will be driving the boat, etc. "How will we manage without a man?" The confusion extends to her whereabouts - "How did they get everything moved into this place from the other place?" I guess this is because some furniture was moved around in her room. She keeps asking me where the others are and whether they'll be eating with us, etc. Starting to sound something like Dad.

More later --
Love,
Sister K

*

Jon again:

Just wanna say she was sprightly yesterday at dinner. When I suggested we go eat, she cried "Vunderbar!" And, after dinner, when we were getting dessert, she got the "green ice cream," mint chip, and when I asked if she wasn't going to get chocolate syrup on it, too, she said, "I would never do such a thing!" Humor, not confusion. Sometimes there are little victories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment