Sunday, July 26, 2015

Complex arrangements

At the lake
Sister S (at the beginning):

Hi sibs,

Mom is working up a lot of anxiety, as expected. She had P (the social worker) call me this morning about the rooms, and I assured him that we have reservations through airbnb. He was relieved because, as we already knew, the guestrooms were booked.

Then M called me (nurse) about the medications. She will have them all packed up in bottles with detailed instructions. I told her our flights arrive about 5:30 p.m Friday but we will need to pick up the car so will not arrive until about 6:30 or 7:00 (?) We will pick up the meds from the nurse on duty SATURDAY morning at 9:00. Our ferry leaves Saturday at 12:30. The following Saturday, our ferry sails at 4:45 and lands at 6:15 p.m., so we will have ALL meds except the one taken right before bed. She will also talk to the doctor about a medication to take as needed for anxiety.

Anything else I should look into? I talked to mom between calls, and said she doesn't need to worry, that we have all the arrangements made, and that it will be worth it to spend a whole week at FF. I think it's good to focus on that rather than on any trip details - the beach, the lake, E, etc. Sister K said mom was asking her about "the boat" - who will drive it, how can we do it without a MAN? 

Love you all - wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment