Saturday, March 7, 2015

Another mom, and a bra update

Razing the Menard's store on Bluemound Road, for Wauwatosa Now.


JV and I went up to Appleton today to see her mom. Took her to Golden Basket, and our friend Dan joined us-- he was in town to see his own aging mother. It's a thing you don't count on, being the parents to your parents. Seeing him was the highlight of what would have been a long, quiet day. We called him later to see if we could stop by to see his mom. "We just finished a puzzle and we are ready for you in Mambone Central."

We invited JV's mom down for Easter -- I offered to go up and bring her down for the service, and Julie would bring her back right away. Or, if she wouldn't do that, Julie offered to go to Appleton and go to Easter church with her.

"I don't want to go. I don't want to travel for Easter. I'll be unhappy if you come here to be with me. I don't want you to come here, so I would go there, but I don't want to go there. I'll be upset with you if you come here."

OK then.

Mom last night was wondering how to respond to the latest death near to her -- Marie Lee's daughter-in-law, Jodi, Gustav's wife, died of cancer Thursday. Gustav is 49. It's really tough. On the phone, Mom and I had a confusing discussion about a gift of some kind. I'll sort that out tomorrow. I hope she catches on to the shift to daylight savings time tonight -- one hour less to sleep and get ready in the morning.

And time now for a

Bra update: Julie returned the ones that didn't fit, and came home yesterday with a half-dozen new ones from Kmart. Sports bras, semi sports bras, old lady bras -- who knew there were so many kinds. We'll bring them tomorrow and see if someone on the staff would help her try them out over the next few days. I don't know how I would have handled this without a wife.




No comments:

Post a Comment