Sunday, April 17, 2016

A good Sunday


A long church service today, and Mom was great. They had special music from Stile Antico, a British singing group. There were a dozen members and they sang a cappella, music from the 14th, 15th, 16th centuries, a blanket of woven chords -- gorgeous.  Mom was right into it -- perched forward in her chair, singing with the hymns, responding to the liturgy.

We went to the Bistro and sat at the big table, a first. All the "cool" people sit there and hold forth. Mom was quiet, as she almost always is. She tucked into her apple pastry and seemed content.

I brought her up, and she wanted a rest, so I got her into bed. Immediately she says, "I have to go to the bathroom." So I let an aide rescue me, came home and paid her bills.


No comments:

Post a Comment