Sunday, March 13, 2016

More tired and more tired

West Meinecke Avenue
I got a pleading, nearly tearful call Friday from Mom. I had a full day scheduled -- work, a meeting,
whatever -- and told her I couldn't make it. These things don't usually bug me, but that one did. Her private aide had had a family emergency and hadn't made it that morning, and on a weekday, that's most of her activity.

"I don't have any friends here," she said in her most depressing, nearly inaudible voice.

So.

So I went Saturday at 10, and she seemed fine. I read to her, we walked around, and I left her at lunch. Then today, she was ready for church, so we went. But she had forgotten her glasses, so I ran back up to the room in the middle of the service, and when I got back down, she said she had to go to the bathroom, so we departed again.

In the room, she was suddenly exhausted and had to lay down. She seems more tired and more tired, and her conversation is full of confusion. She pleaded with me to stay, but I said I had to go, and, it was hard, but I left.

I think there is no relationship between time spent with her and her general happiness. Except for the moments you're right in front of her, and to call that happiness, well, it's pretty crummy.

*

Remind me sometime to tell you about my encounter with the Wauwatosa police.

No comments:

Post a Comment