Sunday, January 24, 2016

Guest post

Wauwatosa

Mom has calmed. Her doctor increased -- doubled, I think -- her anti-anxiety medicine, and it has worked. She's more cogent through the day, tracks better, doesn't completely freak out when I say I'm going to go. We'll see how long it sticks.

Here's a guest post from Sister K of NYC, who's here this weekend:

Hi All,

Came down at 8:30 this morning and Mom was having a shower. I met her at breakfast and she looked great, was in good form and even told a few stories. Bev, Grace and I reviewed their NYC stories that I've now heard enough times to recite in my sleep, but it was lovely and heartwarming. Grace said at 95 she still does not feel old, and remarkably she doesn't look it either. After breakfast, Mom and I read X'mas cards for awhile, then played tennis in the PT room. On our way back up we ran into Dar who treated us to coffee in the bistro before lunch. Dar said they were kicked out of the PT room last time they went down there to play tennis because it's too crowded on weekdays. I'm going to buy Mom her own set of rackets and balloon so they can do it elsewhere. She loves it and has great hand-eye coordination. Now she's sleeping. I'll have dinner with J&J tonight (yay and thanks!!).
More later --

K

Over the lake
(sister k photo)

1 comment: