Saturday, September 5, 2015

Humbug

Door County
Mom's going to be in the hospital another day or two, getting out maybe tomorrow or maybe Monday. 

I saw her today and she looked pale and wan and wanted to leave. I felt bad for her. It's dull there when they're not tending to her, and she doesn't read or watch TV or do anything to entertain herself. I read her her mail -- Dot, MM -- and she liked that, and we discussed her junk mail piece by piece and threw it all out. It was something to do. 

I stopped at her place and met the rehab nurse and went upstairs and checked Mom's email. That room will stay hers until they know what's what. 

I think, soon, she'll need constant care. I can't see her bouncing back from this very well. The nurses say she'll get her strength back with therapy, but she didn't walk well before she fell, and to risk the other hip? It's not worth it. 

This property for sale -- seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment